Best New AV Gear of 2023
As we near the end of 2023, we want to take a look back at all the impressive new technology that has come out this year. Some of our favorite audio-visual manufacturers and long-time partners released impressive new gear in 2023. Without further ado, lets break it down:
Christie M 4K15 RGB Pure Laser Projector
The Christie M 4K15 is a great new addition to the Christie M series and is even compatible with previous iterations of the M series lenses. Here are some other highlight features:
- RGB Laser light source – The 3 colors combine to give you 97% of the Rec 2020 color spectrum, making reds and oranges richer as well as being able to produce true, lifelike colors.
- Resolution: The M 4K15 offers pixel-shifted 4K resolution. It is also available in the 4K+ variety (3840×2400)
- High Contrast Ratio: A high contrast ratio contributes to the projector’s ability to display deep blacks and bright whites, enhancing the overall image quality and providing a more immersive viewing experience. It is also worth noting that the standard 4K version of the M 4K15 does offer better contrast ratio compared to the 4K+ version.
- DLP Technology: The projector utilizes Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology, known for its reliability and consistent image quality. DLP technology is widely used in high-end projectors for its ability to deliver sharp and accurate visuals.
- Power: Power is always a factor to consider when purchasing a road-ready projector. The Christie M 4K15 is among the new projectors capable of producing 15,000 lumens at 110v. This makes the M 4K15 a great fit for a wider variety of applications.
Panasonic AW-UE160 PTZ Camera
The Panasonic AW-UE160 PTZ Camera sets the standard for quality PTZ cameras. With some features equivalent to studio cameras, this camera is fit for almost any environment you can think of. Check out the key features below:
- High sensitivity of F14/2000 lx, equivalent to a studio camera, makes the AW-UE160 great in low-light situations
- New generation engine that maximizes image sensor performance and improves image quality and AF performance
- Equipped with newly developed PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus)
- Equipped with moiré reduction function by Optical Low-Pass Filter (OLPF)
- Equipped with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
- The AW-UE160 is the first PTZ Camera to support the SMPTE ST2110 standard for video transmission over IP networks
- The AW-UE160 features an additional tally lamp on the camera rear (operator side) so that you can see the camera status from any angle.
- Compatible with V-LOG, the wide dynamic range and wide color gamut provide images suitable for color grading.
- The AW-UE160 PTZ camera can be used as a prompter for return images and manuscript displays where the performer checks the video being streamed or broadcast on the spot, allowing adjustment and shooting to the targeted angle when performing chroma key compositing or when linking with AR/VR systems.
- The AW-UE160 is capable of using PoE++ as a power supply
- Supports 2x high-speed output
- Equipped with 2 XLR channels to accept audio that can be merged with video signal
Christie 4K22-HS 1DLP Laser Projector
- Premium color – Christie BoldColor+ gives audiences enhanced color performance—with deeper blacks and more natural and realistic onscreen visuals.
- Warping and blending – Make setup even easier with Christie Twist built-in for quick and easy setup of multi-projector displays
- Compatible with Christie Mystique automated camera-based alignment and recalibration software that lets you quickly install, align, calibrate, and maintain multi-projection systems
- Compatible with Christie Intelligent Camera (CIC) – Use CIC to trigger autofocus, automatically calibrate projector color, optimize color uniformity, and more
- Advanced electronics deliver high frame rates for 4K UHD at 60 Hz and 1080p at 240 Hz
- AMX and Crestron connectivity – For enhanced collaboration and easy integration into virtually any existing boardroom
- Support for active and passive polarized 3D provides additional versatility
- Full suite of lenses – Compatible with WUXGA HS Series lenses* including 0.65:1 to 10.8:1 and a 0.38:1 UST lens
- Quiet operation – As low as 42dBA
- Eco Mode – Reduces brightness to 50%, significantly extending the lifetime of your projector, and results in quieter operation
- Full-range voltage support (100 to 240 VAC)– The system dims to 80% brightness when it detects 100-120 VAC power
INFiLED Infinite Colors Technology
One of the most exciting developments this year comes from INFiLED with their Infinite Colors technology. Integrated seamlessly into the STUDIO DB and STUDIO Xmk2 series, this innovation transcends traditional LED displays by introducing a fourth emitter to the standard RGB trio. This additional emitter expands the color spectrum viewed by professional cameras, resulting in a display that offers full variations in tone, saturation, and color appearance. This significantly advances color and texture reproduction, leading to a higher Color Rendering Index (CRI) and a more accurate representation of color and texture. The INFiLED Studio AR Series showcases the initial application of this technology, offering a glimpse into the future of extended light and color spectrum solutions tailored for virtual productions. Paired with Brompton Technology’s True Light with G1 receiver card, this combination sets the stage for an unprecedented extended color spectrum, all in one familiar package.
As we bid farewell to 2023, the landscape of audiovisual technology has continued to evolve with impressive yet practical technological advances. From projection to LED and PTZ cameras, 2023 brought us a lot of new technology that will prove to not just be a flash in the pan.